Q: What are the advantages of the Original America’s Bread Slicer over the America’s Bread Slicer look-alike copies out there?
A: There is an unmistakable quality difference between the authentic America’s Bread Slicer and the imported copies:
- AMERICAN MADE: We use only USA made material; Maple, Birch and hardwood faced. No Bamboo. No splinters. Just a top notch product!
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE: Guaranteed for the life of the product.
- HANDS ON APPROACH: We are proud to take a hands on approach with each individual slicer; each America’s Bread Slicer is closely monitored every step of the way to completion.
- EASIEST SET UP: No clumsy or awkward set up with the America’s Bread Slicer. Imported copies do not match our original easy, self locking design.
- REPLACEABLE CUTTING SURFACE: Food safe replaceable cutting surface.
- FOOLPROOF SLICING : Cuts 2 sizes.
- SIMPLE TO USE: To use: Rotate the spring loaded knife guides to their self locking open position. Place the loaf and slice.
Q: Where is America’s Bread Slicer made?
A: America’s Bread Slicer is Made Right Here In The USA! in the Pacific Northwest.
Q: How easy is it to use America’s Bread Slicer?
A: To use: Rotate the spring loaded knife guides to their open position. Insert the bread stop. Position the bread loaf.
To store: Remove the bread stop. Push both knife guides out of the retaining notch before rotating under.
Q: What is the plastic bread stop used for?
A: A bread stop is included with America’s Bread Slicer and we offer the bread stop for purchase separately for customers who have lost their stop through the years. We have learned through our customer feedback that there has been some confusion as to the purpose of the bread stop and some have been concerned that the stop might be too “flimsy”. The bread stop is made from a very tough, flexible plastic material. It’s purpose is to simply provide a stop (if desired) to line up the loaf before starting your cut. To slice: Place your loaf in the slicer with the end of the loaf to be cut NEXT to the bread stop (no need to force the loaf against the stop), hold the loaf and cut. Although the bread stop will not break, if pressure is applied it will flex some with out causing any problem to the stop.
Q: Can I cut round loaves?
A: Yes, simply cut the round loaf in half and place the cut side face down on the cutting surface and cut normally.
Q: How can I contact you?
A: For fast response use the “Contact Us” page or you can call toll free 1-866-944-484
Q: How is America’s Bread Slicer shipped?
A: We ship USPS Priority Mail for most orders, larger orders are shipped UPS. Orders are usually shipped within 2 business days.
- Shipping cost within the United States is $7.95 for USPS Priority Mail with 1-3 day delivery.
- Ship to Canada via USPS First Class Mail with 6-10 day delivery.
- Ship to other countries via USPS First Class Mail with 6-10 day delivery.
- International orders may require additional Custom fees depending on the country.
Q: What is your return policy?
A: If you are not completely satisfied for ANY reason, you may return the product used or unused. See return policy.
Q: What is America’s Bread Slicer made of?
A: America’s Bread Slicer is made with Western Maple, Birch and Birch faced material and a food safe cutting surface.
Q: What are the dimensions of America’s Bread Slicer?
A: Size when folded for storage is 1 1/2 inches tall x 7 1/2 inches wide x 12 inches long. When opened for slicing America’s Bread Slicer is 12 inches long, 6 1/4 inches wide and 5 1/4 inches tall. It will accept a 6 1/4 inch wide loaf and any length loaf as it will simply extend out over the end of the cutting surface. To cut round loaves simply cut in half and lay cut side down on cutting surface. Half of the knife guide slicing slots are for 1/2 inch slices and the other half of the slots are for 3/8 inch slices. A knife blade that is 10″ or longer is best.
Q: What size bread knife should I use?
A: Because America’s Bread Slicer is designed to accept larger as well as smaller loaves, a 10″ or longer knife blade is required.
Q: Can I use my electric knife?
A: Yes, most electric knives will work with out any problem.
Q: How do I clean America’s Bread Slicer?
A: To clean America’s Bread Slicer simply brush off bread crumbs with dry cloth. Water not recommended.
Q: How does America’s Bread Slicer slice different thicknesses?
A: With America’s Bread Slicer you can slice thick or thin slices. Half of the knife guide slots are for 1/2 inch slices and the other half of the slots are for 3/8 inch slices. You simply place the loaf at the end that has the size you want. You can also slice in every other slot for even larger slices. The size would be double; for instance, if you are slicing every other 1/2 inch slot you will have a 1 inch piece.